The National Final of the Rose of Tralee -
tickets, accommodation, schedule, contestants! Everything you need to know.
Meet the contestants, and see what they got up to in the past few National Finals.
If you're a young single woman of Irish birth OR descent, you could enter the Rose of Tralee
Contestants must be:
- Be 18 years of age at 1 January 2013 and will not have reached her 28th birthday prior to 1 September 2013.
- Be unmarried, or never been married.
- Be born in Ireland or of Irish origin by virtue of one of her ancestors having been born in Ireland.
- Never have previously represented the same Region as a Rose in the New Zealand National Final or International Rose of Tralee Selection.
- Have NZ citizenship or have resided in NZ for 24 months
Additiionally, entrants to the New Zealand contest must agree to:
- Be available for the International Festival Events in Ireland from 14th to 20st August 2013 inclusive.
- Be required within New Zealand to attend promotional functions approved by the Organisers for the twelve months reign as New Zealand Rose of Tralee.
You need to contact one of the Societies holding a Regional contest - preferably the one closest to where you live. Remember - if you win their local event, you will be representing that Region at the National Final.
If you're not sure how to contact one of the organising societies, or have a question, or just want to get in touch, send us an EMAIL.
“I am utterly thrilled, excited and completely shocked but most of all, I am so honored to have been crowned the 2007 Rose of Tralee”